By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Bailout funds: Osun, Enugu fault ICPC report, deny diversion of cash
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Bailout funds: Osun, Enugu fault ICPC report, deny diversion of cash

April 24, 2016 5:30 am
The Capital
Share
SHARE

Osun and Enugu state governments yesterday faulted the report of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on the utilization of the bailout funds from the Federal Government.

They claimed that no money was diverted, misapplied or unused.

The Osun State Government dismissed the ICPC report that the state paid salaries last in July 2015 as laughable.

It asked the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun to desist from wishful thinking that it has a tool to hang anything on Governor Rauf Aregbesola.

It explained that instead Aregbesola had been creative and prudent in paying salaries up till January 2016.

The two states made their position known in separate statements.

The Director, Osun State Bureau of Communication and Strategy, Semiu Okanlawon said: “There is no case of diversion of bailout funds as far as Osun is concerned.

“Has anyone asked how the state was able to accommodate pensioners in the bailout funds application when in actual fact pensioners were not part of the bailout scheme?

“Don’t also forget that the bailout was to take care of salaries backlog up till June last year. The report that that Osun paid salaries last in July 2015 is laughable when in actual fact workers in the state have got their salaries up till January 2016 and already looking forward to February salaries including pensioners.

“Governor Rauf Aregbesola cannot be found wanting because whether in bailout funds or other funds of Osun he has been very creative in the management of the scarce resources to lift the state beyond the limit of the available resources.”

See also  Alleged N4b Debt: Medview Airline Faults Sealing of Property

On its part, the Enugu State Government through its Secretary to the State Government, Elder G.O.C Ajah, said it did not misapply the bailout fund of N4.207 billion received from the Federal Government.

Ajah’s said: “”The true position is as follows:

“Enugu State Government received N4,207,000,000.00 from the Federal Government as bailout fund for the settlement of outstanding salaries, subventions and pensions for public servants in the state.

“That when the bailout fund was received, a dedicated bank account was opened for the fund and a committee comprising leaders of Organized Labour in the state, representatives of the state government and pensioners, was setup by the Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuak to oversee the disbursement of the fund.

“ So far, N3,284,729,253.38) has been verified by the committee and disbursement is on-going. At the moment, the balance is N922,270,746.62) while the verification exercise for further payment continues.

“On the issue of Excess Crude Account (ECA) Infrastructure Development Loan facilitated by the Federal Government, the state government has disbursed N5,387,569,930.00, leaving a balance of N4,612,430,070.00.

“From the foregoing therefore, the Enugu State Government wishes to state categorically that it did not misapply the bailout fund.”

You Might Also Like

Six Key Takeaways From Tinubu’s New Year Address
Non-remittance of revenue: Reps threaten to arrest EFCC boss
Keyamo criticises Jonathan, Obasanjo, Saraki
Fuel Scarcity: Heavy Traffic And Fuel Queues Return To Lagos
BREAKING: Court Grants Emefiele N300m Bail
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Buhari’s Former Minister From His Hiding Place

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a former Minister…

FULL LIST: 47 Disqualified Senatorial Aspirants

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday released the list of senatorial…

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

N4.7bn arms funds traced to Obanikoro, Fayose —EFCC

June 22, 2016

Shell, Eni in fresh trouble as Nigeria begins moves to withdraw OPL 245

January 26, 2016

TRAGEDY: Customs Operation Claims 14-year-old-boy’s Life

February 5, 2024

Peter Obi To Solido: I Did My Little As Anambra You Should Do More As A Professor

November 15, 2022

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?