By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Controversy Trails Report of Aisha Buhari’s Alleged Near-Air Mishap
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Controversy Trails Report of Aisha Buhari’s Alleged Near-Air Mishap

August 22, 2020 6:13 pm
The Capital
Share
SHARE

Controversy is now brewing over a report that claimed that the First Lady, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, was almost involved in an air accident on Friday.

Presidency sources have debunked the report as largely a fabrication of its author’s imagination as most of the claims recorded in the report were either half-truths or outright lies.

The online media had been awash with the report of the alleged near air mishap, involving a private jet, carrying the First Lady, Mrs. Buhari, one of her daughters, Hanan Buhari, and four other passengers.

The report, which claimed that the aircraft, supposedly owned by Borno-born billionaire and in-law to the First Family, Alhaji Mohammed Indimi, was heading back to Nigeria from the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Dubai, also claimed that it lost control midair, almost one hour to landing time in Nigeria.

However, Presidency sources said on Saturday that the report was full of lies and unverified claims.

Although Spokesman to the First Lady, Aliyu Abdulahi, said he was still waiting for details of what happened from his principal, when contacted on Saturday, he however warned to treat social media reports with extreme caution, noting that most outlets do not respect ethics of journalism.

“I’m trying to confirm what happened so I can’t really… If you’ll give me time to confirm it’s okay, but if not, my advice is you have to take with a pinch or even a truckload of salt, most of the news coming from these online media, they are not hundred percent or even close to that, most of the time, from my own experience.

See also  BREAKING: Natasha Wins As Court Orders Senate To Recall Suspended Kogi Senator

“Mostly they give about 10% information and then they go on to escalate and exaggerate their report to 100%. That’s not how journalism works”, he said.

Abdulahi, however, promised to reach back with credible information about what happened after he must have spoken with the First Lady.

However, another reliable Presidency source, who is quite close to the First Family, but who wished not to be named told The Nation that most of the claims of the popular version of the report online boldly dished out lies.

According to the source, besides the fact that the First Lady is back indeed, there was no other fact in the report that justified the truth.

“There’s no flight of Alhaji Indimi that has flown in the last two months, you won’t find it anywhere and that’s a fact, but these people claimed it was Indimi’s aircraft, they even quoted number. It is not true that the aircraft wanted to crash, this is another lie. Since they claimed it was carrying just six persons, how did they come about their story of crash threat? There were normal, air travel turbulences, which was normal. So the so-called ‘control loss for 10 minutes’ is also a fantasy.

“Another outright lie in their news is the claim that Hanan was aboard. This is not true, she did not travel to Dubai, how could she be returning from Dubai? I was with her on Monday. All these people are not journalists because they cannot be journalists and be attacking the image of the profession with lies the way all these so-called online media platforms are doing it”, the source said.

See also  FG hits back at Obasanjo, says no plan to frame up anyone

You Might Also Like

NLC Protest Against Ngige Turns Bloody
JAMB Fixes Dates For 2024 UTME Registration, Examination
Ohanaeze Attacks Buhari Over OIC Meeting, Gbajabiamila Convert To Islam
Nepotism in High Places…CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, Positions Priscilla Eleje, a Fellow Deltan, as Co-Signatory on the Naira
Cabinet reshuffle: Buhari to replace Lai Muhammed with Kayode Fayemi
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Buhari’s Former Minister From His Hiding Place

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a former Minister…

FULL LIST: 47 Disqualified Senatorial Aspirants

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday released the list of senatorial…

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

Nigerian-Law-School
News

Nigerian Law School Opens Applications For Bar Admission

August 26, 2025

Melete Attack: Terrorists Ambush Evacuation Troops, Seize Gun Trucks, Captain

November 25, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu handcuffed
News

VIDEO: “Don’t Touch me!” – Kanu Scatters Court As Judge Orders Removal

November 20, 2025

Ex-director, ex-NJC secretary, 12 others to testify in Justice Ademola’s trial

January 12, 2017

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?