By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Dangote, Fayemi Meet Ganduje To Save Sanusi
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Dangote, Fayemi Meet Ganduje To Save Sanusi

June 9, 2019 7:34 am
The Capital
Share
SHARE

Kano State Governor Abdullahi  Ganduje and the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II held a peace meeting in Abuja on Friday, indicating that reconciliation between the duo was in sight.

The pair have endured a frosty relationship since Ganduje won the governorship election in the state under controversial circumstances.

The former Central Bank Governor allegedly supported the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party  Abba Yusuf for the poll in a bid to deny Ganduje a second term.

The governor then moved ahead to carve up the age-long Kano Emirate, creating four new emirates – Bichi, Gaya, Karaye and Rano – apparently to reduce Sanusi’s influence.

Last week, the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission recommended the suspension of the emir over alleged misappropriation of N3.4bn by the Kano Emirate Council.

But a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor, Abba Anwar, said a meeting to resolve the war between Ganduje and Sanusi was initiated by Kano-born businessman, Aliko Dangote, and the Chairman of Nigeria  Governors’ Forum, Kayode Fayemi.

According to the statement, President Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to do with the meeting.

Anwar said, “As the two leaders met, they congratulated each other for the successful completion of the Ramadan fast and the Eid-el-fitr celebration.

“Emir Sanusi seized the opportunity to congratulate Governor Ganduje on the victory in his second term in office. He also wished the governor successful tenure in office.”
Sanusi also, on Saturday, replied the query issued to him by the Kano State Government on the allegedly mismanaged N3.4bn in the emirate council.

See also  How Saraki, Dogara rejected N10billion FCTA proposed apartments – Namdas

The acting Secretary of the Kano Emirate Council, Abba Yusuf, said Sanusi could not be held responsible for the alleged funds’ misappropriation since he was neither the accounting officer nor the council’s secretary.

Also, Yusuf said as of the time Sanusi was installed as emir in 2014, the council had only N1,893,378,927.38, an amount far less than the N3.4bn the Kano State anti-graft commission said was mismanaged between 2014 and 2017.

You Might Also Like

You’re Under Financial Curse if You Don’t Pay Tithe- Oyedepo
Trending Video: Nigerian Socialite Omoge Saida Sex Tape Leaks Online
Alleged N63.6m fraud: How MOD staff died in EFCC custody -Cellmates
Biden Hits Back At Trump, Defends His Interactions With Women
BREAKING: S’Court Upholds Kano Governor Yusuff Abba
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Buhari’s Former Minister From His Hiding Place

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a former Minister…

FULL LIST: 47 Disqualified Senatorial Aspirants

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday released the list of senatorial…

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

Shake-Up: Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Appoint New Ministers
News

Stop The Rumour! ‘Tinubu Not In Support Of Obasa’s Return As Speaker

February 3, 2025

How To Avoid Being Kidnapped In Lagos

February 5, 2024

Now Wale Edun Can Rest! Why Civil Servants Celebrated His Sack

April 22, 2026

Assets Declaration: Suswan, Imoke, Four Others To Face Trial …One Ex-gov Flees Abroad

November 15, 2015

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?