By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Fraudsters demanding money for Chibok girls’ release – Buhari
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Fraudsters demanding money for Chibok girls’ release – Buhari

June 4, 2016 1:36 am
The Capital
Share
SHARE

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday admitted that some fraudsters had been demanding for money from the Federal Government for the purpose of negotiating the release of the over 200 girls abducted from their school in Chibok, Borno State, in April 2014.

He however promised not to fall for the antics of the fraudsters despite the fact that the rescue and safe return of the remaining Chibok girls remains a top priority of his administration.
According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while receiving the Primate and Archbishops of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari reportedly told his guests that his administration would continue to insist on a thorough authentication of the identities of any persons or groups claiming to have custody of the girls before entering into negotiations with them.

“President Muhammadu Buhari said Friday in Abuja that while the rescue and safe return of the remaining Chibok girls remains a top priority of his administration, he will not fall for the antics of fraudsters who have been asking the Federal Government for money to negotiate the release of the girls,” the statement read.

The President, however, assured the Anglican Bishops of his steadfast commitment to the rescue of the Chibok Girls, saying that their safe return will be one of his greatest fulfillments in office as President.

Buhari also assured the clerics that the Federal Government will give maximum attention to the clean-up of Ogoniland which was inaugurated on Thursday.

See also  Crisis: Oshiomhole talks tough on primaries

‘‘We inherited the United Nations Environmental Project report from the previous administration. We decided it needed urgent attention in spite of the economic crunch, because of our concern for the welfare and environmental comfort of the people of Ogoniland,” he said.

You Might Also Like

BREAKING: Police Commission Drops Magu, Promotes 24 CPs to AIG Rank
BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Apostle Suleman’s Convoy, Kill Three Policemen, Others
I ‘ll never endorse Buhari, says Obasanjo
Bailout funds: Osun, Enugu fault ICPC report, deny diversion of cash
Infidelity: Gospel Singer Sammie Okposo Tenders Public Apology, Suspends Self From Ministry
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Buhari’s Former Minister From His Hiding Place

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a former Minister…

FULL LIST: 47 Disqualified Senatorial Aspirants

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday released the list of senatorial…

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

3Weeks Old Baby In Urgent Need Of N5m To Treat Heart Disorder Within Four Weeks

June 11, 2017

Ghanaian Oil Tycoon Kevin Okyere, Tied To Shady Oil Deals In Nigeria, Illegally Buys $250K Mercedes-Benz From US

December 17, 2015

Ex-Permanent Secretary forfeits N654 Million and $137k to the Federal Government of Nigeria

January 10, 2018
Omokri Vows To Destroy Peter Obi's Political Career
NewsPolitics

Omokri Vows To Destroy Peter Obi’s Political Career

July 4, 2024

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?