By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Niger Governor, Bello Tests Positive For Coronavirus
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Niger Governor, Bello Tests Positive For Coronavirus

November 9, 2020 6:55 pm
The Capital
Share
SHARE

The Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello has tested positive for the coronavirus disease.

Governor Bello disclosed this on Monday via his Twitter handle.

The Niger State leader explained that he is asymptomatic and has gone into isolation.

I have tested positive to #COVID19. However, I am asymptomatic and have gone into isolation.

— Abubakar Sani Bello (@abusbello) November 9, 2020

His twt comes a week after rumours that he contracted the virus.

Niger State has seen an increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the one month.

At least 278 confirmed positive cases have been recorded in the state since its outbreak in the country in March.

12 deaths have also been recorded in the state from COVID-19.

The Chairman of the Niger State COVID-19 Committee and Secretary to the State Government, Ahmed Matane had told Channels Television in an interview last week that the committee was considering putting in place stricter measure in enforcing the safety protocols in place.

According to him, “We are beginning to witness a spike.”

Niger has been a gateway state to travellers from North to South and vice-versa, forcing the state government to force the ban on inter-state travels due to constant influx of transporters.

Primary and secondary schools reopened in September. But, with the spike, it is not clear if the government might call for another lockdown.

See also  Stock Market Reverses Gains, Reverts to Losing Streak

You Might Also Like

Ambode Hands Over To Sanwo-Olu
Herdsmen attacks: Okogie, Iwuanyanwu, MASSOB spit fire
Tinubu’s Appointments: Presidency Knocks Ali Ndume
Group Seeks ex-Minister’s Arrest for Stripping Hotel Workers
Petrol Prices Will Drop To N750 Per Litre, NIPSS Reveals; Date Emerge
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Buhari’s Former Minister From His Hiding Place

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a former Minister…

FULL LIST: 47 Disqualified Senatorial Aspirants

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday released the list of senatorial…

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

Ataga: I was Forced To Sign Prepared Police Statement, Says Chidinma

November 18, 2022

Nine Pro-Wike Commissioners To Rejoin Fubara’s Cabinet

January 16, 2024

Alleged N5b Fraud: JAMB ex-Registrar Ojerinde Seeks Plea Bargain

February 8, 2022

Buhari’s Political associate, Jafaru Isa, returns N100million to EFCC

January 11, 2016

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?