By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Nigeria Uncovers Boko Haram Cells Around Capital City Abuja
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Nigeria Uncovers Boko Haram Cells Around Capital City Abuja

December 5, 2015 1:59 pm
The Capital
Share
SHARE

The State Security Service has alerted of the presence of Boko Haram terrorists in the Federal Capital Territory, who, it said, are creating sleeper cells to carry out surveillance and later, attacks on the city.
The Service, in a statement signed by one Tony Opuiyo on Saturday, said the development came to light following the arrests of some of the sect’s members who migrated from various conflict theaters in the North East to the FCT in order to enable them capitalize on the excitement of the yuletide season to launch attacks on the city.
“For instance, on October 29th, 2015, the duo of Muhammed Hassan Idris (a Nigerien) and Baba Abdul Maina were arrested at Panteka area of Apo, Abuja. This was followed by the arrest of Sanni Mohammed (aka Kakase) and Ahmed Umaru (aka Mallam; Mallam Hamdi Garne; Ahmed Daubi) in Lafia, Nasarawa State. Sanni, who hails from Potiskum, Yobe State, fled the area following his involvement in coordinated suicide attacks in Yobe, Plateau, Kano and Kaduna States.
“In a related development, on 19th November 2015, Mohammed Shiwar ABUBAKAR and Musa TA’ADA were arrested at Shoprite Junction, Apo, Abuja. ABUBAKAR hails from Borno State and operates as a taxi driver in Abuja. He is of an unknown address but claims that he sleeps in his Volkswagen Golf car at the Honda line, Apo mechanic village, Abuja. The Gwoza-born TA’ADA also operates under the cover of a suya seller at Apo Primary School along Kabusa Road, Abuja.
“Still, on 23rd November, 2015, one Ahmed HASSAN was arrested while carrying out surveillance on a high-profile hotel in the city. He hails from Katagum, Bauchi State. Suspect admitted using the cover of a beggar to sustain surveillance on his targets. Bulama Ali, had previously been arrested in Karu, Nasarawa State, on 22nd November, 2015,” the statement said.
The agency also said it arrested the duo of Hassan Abubakar and Mohammed Gwale at Madalla, in Suleja local government area of Niger State on December 1, following intelligence that they were planning to commence attacks in the FCT after a successful surveillance of the city.
It said before his arrest, Mr. Abubakar was working with other sect members in different parts of the country notably Borno, Yobe, Taraba and Adamawa States.
The statement said Mr. Abubakar was arrested at the home of Mohammed Gwale who claims to be a Federal Civil Servant from Niger State.
“He (Gwale) has made useful statements which are helping with further investigation,” DSS said.
The service added that so far, preliminary investigations revealed that the suspects and others still at large appear to be engaging in businesses or trades as covers to infiltrate the city and its environs in their bid to conduct successful surveillance and map out soft targets for the sect’s attacks.
“The DSS’ operations are, therefore, aimed at preempting any attacks by the terrorist elements against the backdrop of the upcoming festive period and beyond,” the statement said.
“It is in this regard that the Service wishes to advise residents and all law-abiding Nigerians to remain vigilant especially at this yuletide season and promptly report to security agencies any suspicious movements and persons in the FCT and even other parts of the country.
“The Service also assures the general public that it will continue to carry out its responsibility of ensuring peace and security in Abuja and beyond?”

See also  Reps summon Buhari over security situation, pass vote of no confidence on Services Chiefs

You Might Also Like

Pastor Tells Members: Your January Salary Belongs To Me
Dickson went to Aso Rock begging to defect –APC
Strip Clubs Give Yuletide A New Meaning
Businessman CEO of Bukka Hut Commits Suicide at Lekki Residence
2019 elections: Bank Chiefs Betray Atiku Abubakar
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Government Issues Fresh Update on Sallah Celebration

Saudi Arabia government has announced that Eid Al-Adha will be celebrated on…

Fuel nozzle

BREAKING: No More N1320/Litre, Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Nationwide; New Rates Emerge

The price of petrol at various private depots across Nigeria recorded marginal…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

Saraki Warns Secondus Against Interfering With PDP Reconciliation

December 2, 2020

FG discloses what’s left of Abacha’s loot

December 18, 2015
2027: Pat Utomi Opens Up On working On A New Mega Party
News

Revealed: God Showed Me Akpabio Will Be VP Candidate To Kwankwaso – Popular Prophet Speaks

July 31, 2025

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu To Abolish Pension For Tinubu, Fashola, Others

November 10, 2020

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?