By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The CapitalThe CapitalThe Capital
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
      • Featured Profile
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Reading: Kogi Chief of Staff’s Suit Against Me Diversionary, Okhai Insists
Share
Font ResizerAa
The CapitalThe Capital
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Featured
    • Top News
    • Top Stories
  • Business
    • Capital Market
    • Energy
    • Maritime
    • Inside Boardroom
  • Politics
  • International
  • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Highlife
  • Lifestyle
    • Society
  • Opinion
    • Guest Columnists
    • Interview
    • Special Features
    • Special Reports
  • Sports
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
News

Kogi Chief of Staff’s Suit Against Me Diversionary, Okhai Insists

October 26, 2018 5:29 pm
The Capital
Share
SHARE

The N100 million suit filed by the Chief of Staff to the Kogi State Governor, Edward Onoja, against one of the fiercest critics of administration has been described as a diversionary tactics to hide the government’s failure.

Reacting to the suit against him Comrade Austin Usman Okai, said: “it is already in the public domain that the present administration of Yahaya Bello arrested and detained me for one month last year over flimsy issues that borders on publication”

He said the script being played out by the Kogi COS was calculated to hide the failure of the administration to pay workers and pensioners as well as its failure provide socio-economic infrastructure.

Okai said he remained undaunted and resolute to continue the clamour for good governance, accountability and transparent leadership in the state

Comrade Okai alleged that in the last one year, four different cases were preferred against him on trumped charges of attempting to raze down the Revenue House and public incitement against the government

He said this new script by the state government was premeditated to whittle down and clamp on opposition elements in the midst of bad governance and poor leadership style

Comrade Okai said after all efforts to use the police authorities to intimidate and silence him by eliminating him, the state government through proxy decided to use the instrumentality of the office to perpetrate its dubious acts especially to perceived opponents.

He said there was nothing personal between him and the governors COS, but his opinions about the present administration could not be condoned but been resisted by instituting various court actions

See also  Man Jailed 10 Years For Child’s Sexual Assault

He reassured the present administration in Kogi of the desire of the people for a people oriented administration that is virile, with good perception of the people and the working class.

It would be recalled that the Chief of Staff to Governor filed a lawsuit at the Kogi State High Court demanding N100 million.

In the suit against Okai, who is National Coordinator of Peoples Democratic Party Youth Frontier, Onoja is asking the court to mandate the respondent to pay him the sum of N300 million.

Investigation reveals that there is an existing lawsuit between comrade Austin Okai and Kogi state government pending at the court since April 2017 over the same subject.

In his response, comrade Austin Okai dismissed the latest development as attempt by a drowning man to seek survival.

You Might Also Like

Pastor Allegedly Murders Wife
Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors’ Pensions By 50%
BREAKING: Obasanjo’s In-Law John Abebe Bags Seven-Year Imprisonment
Biafra: Asari Dokubo Warned To Stop Attacks On Nnamdi Kanu Immediately
Breaking: Admiral Joe Aikhomu Dies Of Covid-19
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print

JUST IN: NDC Finally Names Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election

Peter Obi, the former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, has been…

Tension in Kano as Gov Yusuf Sends Warning to Kwankwaso

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano State has issued a stern warning…

APC Make U-Turn On Senatorial Primaries List

The All Progressives Congress has made a u-turn on its earlier list…

Government Issues Fresh Update on Sallah Celebration

Saudi Arabia government has announced that Eid Al-Adha will be celebrated on…

Fuel nozzle

BREAKING: No More N1320/Litre, Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Nationwide; New Rates Emerge

The price of petrol at various private depots across Nigeria recorded marginal…

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
XFollow
TelegramFollow
WhatsAppFollow

You Might Also Like

News

BREAKING: Presidency Speaks On Tinubu’s Health As President Stumbles In Turkey

January 27, 2026

Peter Obi To Solido: I Did My Little As Anambra You Should Do More As A Professor

November 15, 2022

I’ll Shock Those Who Want To Bring Down My Govt – Buhari

June 1, 2021

N150bn libel suit: Dokpesi apologises to Tinubu

February 6, 2016

Categories

  • News
  • Homepage
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Top News
  • Highlife
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Inside Boardroom

About The Capital

We deliver premium coverage of business, politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and society stories shaping Nigeria and beyond. Through credible reporting, insightful features, and engaging digital storytelling, we keep readers informed on the people, trends, events, and conversations driving modern culture and public discourse.
Quick Links
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Connect with us on Social Media

Facebook X-twitter Whatsapp Envelope

Send us email: [email protected]

© thecapital.ng. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Semasir Connect.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?